Experts with Foretec’s Power Quality and Power system studies ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of electrical networks that are essential to the Industry. Reduced downtime and continuity of supply will save you time and money.
Our measurement services provide you an opportunity to assess the current status of various power quality parameters in your facilities through which investigate them to provide the best in class solution for any type of issues. Hence our power system studies offer peace of mind.
The Foretec’s Power Quality Audit will:
- Identify site-specific power problems including harmonics, flicker, sags, surges,Notches, brownouts, transient and overall mains voltage and frequency levels
- Confirm electricity supply voltage levels and frequency quality
- Identify power factor at various angles (True, DPF and Disp PF), export and import stage
- Confirm supply ratings and load levels
- Identify load balancing improvements and potential for energy saving
The Power Quality Audit service from Foretec can help to improve overall energy efficiency and identify the types of power problems that can lead to erratic system operation, hot-spots and premature component failure. The service can help to identify poor power factors, harmonic pollution and assist with IEEE-519-2014 assessments.
Upon completion of the audit clients receive, a clear report which will be prepared with the aim of understandable to top management, identifying all the parameters measured with detailed data findings, tables and graphs (where appropriate and necessary).
Power Quality Service Scope of Works
The following schedule is typically adopted but each site can be unique due to site practices, access and working time restrictions.
A preliminary ‘Kick-off’ meeting and site walk through assessment to gain an understanding of the site and project and understand the issues either due to power quality or any problems related to power . Collection of all basic technical data also will be made or requested to the customer during this preliminary meeting.
Identify and agree connection point(s), Point of Common Coupling (PCC), LV incomer busbars, Sub feeders , distribution panels, power cables, UPS, Linear and Non linear Load centers. Take initial readings and/or install mains monitoring and data logging equipment for the measurement period.
Issue report and recommendations
And also our expert can benchmark them against applicable power quality standards, applicable TDD Limits and all other parameters to be maintained by the customer as per IEEE-519-2014.
Additional works may include –
- Capacitor, Harmonic filter (Active/passive) condition monitoring, fault finding and thermal imaging.
- Fault current calculation from PCC to all feeders at HV and MV sections and up to load, which will be helpful to the customers to design the switch gear rupturing capacity at green field stage of the project, Protective relay co-ordination and also arrive the TDD requirements to comply with local utility or as per IEEE-519 standards
⚡ Harmonic Distortion—IEEE 519 Compliance (IEC 61000-4-7 & IEC 61000-4-30)
⚡ Flicker (IEC 61000-4-15 | IEC 61000-3-3) (IEEE Std. 1453)
⚡ Motor Start | Voltage Sag Measurement (IEEE 1564)
⚡ Power Factor
⚡ IEEE Std - 1159—IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality
⚡ Voltage quality (EN50160 & IEC 61000-4-30, ETC)
DATA COLLECTION SERVICES
⚡ Type of Industry and Production/Load flow
⚡ Single-line drawings & review
⚡ Utility source data collection from their Substation to PCC
⚡ Source transformer data collection
⚡ Utility bill and interval data collection & analysis
⚡ Collection of linear & non-linear load details
⚡ Relevant plant operating conditions (contingency operation)
⚡ Data validation